Monday, September 27, 2010

September Training Fail

I haven't posted in a while, mainly because there hasn't been much to post about. September has been a complete and utter training fail. I've run approximately 12 miles the entire month! Why is this you ask?

Well it started with me spraining my knee and having to take 2 full weeks off of most physical activities. How did I sprain it you ask? Well, I was playing indoor soccer, and for a few milliseconds I forgot that I was not Lionel Messi/Thierry Henry/most skilled soccer players, and I tried to do some fancy footwork. What happens when a semi-incompetent soccer player tries to do this? Well, she trips over the ball and sprain her knee, that's what.

So I was out for 2 weeks due to that awesome lapse of sound judgement. I had one week back on, in which I ran the final Ollie Road Race, and put up a 8.5 mile long run (as well as two soccer games). It was looking like I was going to get back into the swing of things until I woke up Thursday morning with what seems to be the world's worst viral infection. I have a fever, sore throat, clogged sinuses, an awesome rattling cough, I can't eat and I can't speak. This means that I have been unable to leave the apartment for days, let alone think about completing the 15 miler that was on tap for Saturday.

So with all this missed training, what's a girl to do? Obviously I have to re-evaluate my training plan, but how do I bounce back from a lost month? Especially when it's only 7 weeks from race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment