Here are the highs and lows of life since my last post
- Ran, finished, and rocked the Philadelphia Marathon in November. It was my first marathon and I truly didn't know if I could do it. I wouldn't have been able to without friends to run with, my awesome roommate to cheer me on, and the sheer strength of will to power through a second half out and back (that nearly killed me mentally).
- I studied for (and passed) my comps! Next station on the road to PhD land? Dissertation station.
- I got to work with some truly awesome co-workers and students, which made the job of teaching that much more enjoyable.
- I very nearly lost what little bits of sanity I have left during the process of studying for comps. Memorizing authors and arguments in preparation for a 5.5 hour written test is un-fun, to say the least. Which leads me to...
- I haven't really done any working out since the marathon. A few runs, a few soccer games, a few sessions of yoga, but nothing really consistent.
This is going to change now (I guess), because another high/low is that I signed up for my second marathon. Yes, I will be running the Marine Corps Marathon on October 30th. Therefore shoelaces have been tied, glide has been applied, and I'm about to go get my run on.