Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Back at it again, this time for real

Okay, life has a way of getting in between me and my best intentions (not to mention any blogging that I might do).

Here are the highs and lows of life since my last post

Highs...
  1. Ran, finished, and rocked the Philadelphia Marathon in November. It was my first marathon and I truly didn't know if I could do it. I wouldn't have been able to without friends to run with, my awesome roommate to cheer me on, and the sheer strength of will to power through a second half out and back (that nearly killed me mentally).
  2. I studied for (and passed) my comps! Next station on the road to PhD land? Dissertation station.
  3. I got to work with some truly awesome co-workers and students, which made the job of teaching that much more enjoyable.
Now for the lows...
  1. I very nearly lost what little bits of sanity I have left during the process of studying for comps. Memorizing authors and arguments in preparation for a 5.5 hour written test is un-fun, to say the least. Which leads me to...
  2. I haven't really done any working out since the marathon. A few runs, a few soccer games, a few sessions of yoga, but nothing really consistent.

This is going to change now (I guess), because another high/low is that I signed up for my second marathon. Yes, I will be running the Marine Corps Marathon on October 30th. Therefore shoelaces have been tied, glide has been applied, and I'm about to go get my run on.

No comments:

Post a Comment