Thursday, July 28, 2011

10 Ways I Break the Rules


Generally, I am not much of a rule breaker. I genuinely like rules and structure. However, I saw this on Shut Up And Run, and decided to see which rules I just couldn’t seem to follow

  1. I wear gear for the first time on race day. And we’re not talking short 5ks here. I wore my compression tights for the first time during the 2011 Philadelphia Marathon
  2. I almost never ice anything. Ice baths? Too cold. Icing injuries? Only if it’s awful. For me, rice is a grain that is delicious when pilaf-ed.
  3. I sneak coffee into movie theaters. When I saw Harry Potter 7.2 I had a grande iced latte in my purse.
  4. I jaywalk like it’s going out of style. Maybe it’s living in Boston, but I will dart across the street at any old point as long as cars aren't coming.
  5. Even when I’m following a recipe, I’m not really following a recipe. One of my least favorite things to do is measure things.
  6. Connected to this, when I make that powdered mac n’ cheese I don’t add milk. I just put gobs of butter in it.
  7. I’m very bad at stretching or using the foam roller. Even though I know both will make my IT Band feel good, I can always find something better to do (like shower)
  8. I rarely turn in a library book or a movie on time. Late fees are the scourge of my existence. Thank god for Netflix.
  9. I eat way too many salty snacks. They are my downfall. I hope to counteract them with fruits and vegetables, but I’m not entirely sure it works that way
  10. I drink coffee and sometimes snack in bed. Yep. I’m that person. Sometimes you just need to lounge in bed and be lazy. Luckily, I was my sheets frequently

It was harder than I thought to come up with 10 things I consistently, unrepentantly do wrong! I’m going to take that as a good thing, and not as a “you’re kinda boring thing” ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment